Competing in pageants is a great way to learn confidence and poise, and it makes a wonderful way to show off your own personal style. Whether you’re competing in your first pageant or your hundredth, you may want to go for a themed outfit for your formalwear portion to keep things fun and exciting. It doesn’t matter if you’re competing in a glitz or a natural pageant, theme-wear is appropriate for all pageants!
Here are some fun and creative theme-wear ideas for your upcoming pageants.
- Academy Awards. Slip into a long, sparkling dress in a bright, bold color, do your hair in some Old Hollywood waves and even carry a homemade Oscar along with your outfit to complete this starlet theme.
- Rock Star. Wear a short, black dress covered in sequins and sheer panels, rock your highest spike heels and maybe even carry a guitar for this rockin’ look.
- Winter Wonderland. If the pageant is in the winter, go all out for the season with a snowy white dress covered in crystals, then complete the look with some furry earmuffs and matching mittens. (https://promheadquarters.com/beaded-choker-tiffany-designs-prom-dress-16263/)
- Paris. For a Parisian theme, don your best French look with a Little Black Dress , some oversized sunglasses and a beret perched on top of your head.
- Great Gatsby. There are few time periods more romantic or iconic than the Roaring ‘20s, so channel the look of Daisy Buchanan with a flapper-style frock and some perfectly coiffed finger waves.
- Egyptian. You’ll look just like an Egyptian queen when you step out onto the stage in a glittering white dress accented with gold details. Complete this look with a gold headband wrapped around your forehead, some cat eye eyeliner and long, sleek black hair.
- Alice in Wonderland. Go down the rabbit hole into Wonderland with a short baby blue dress, a stuffed rabbit and a white apron on top.