When ordering your prom dress online from PromHeadquarters.com, it is incredibly important to get your measurements right to ensure that you order your dress in the correct size. Don’t assume that your prom dress will be the size that you normally wear as these evening gowns typically run smaller than other clothing. This is especially true of tight-fitting dresses such as mermaid gowns.
The best way to get your most accurate measurements is to enlist the help of a friend or family member and follow these steps:
- Use a flexible ribbon measuring tape.
- Make sure that you’re standing comfortably with even weight on both feet. Keep your body relaxed and don’t try to suck in your stomach unless you’re prepared to keep it sucked in for hours on prom night while you struggle around in your ill-fitting dress.
- Measure your bust first around the largest part. Make sure to get an accurate measurement.
- Then, measure your natural waistline. This is usually about an inch and a half above your belly button. Make this measurement tight as this is usually the tightest part of a prom dress.
- Finally, measure the widest and fullest part of your hips.
As long as you accurately take these three measurements, your dress should fit just fine. To be absolutely certain, you should make sure to order your dress with plenty of time to exchange sizes should a problem arise. For more information on taking your measurements and a quick video tutorial, check out the DressProm.net measurement guide