We know that saving money for your dream prom dress can be tough when you’re working, going to school, and trying to balance the rest of your life as well! At PromHeadquarters.com, we’ve consulted some of the best experts when it comes to stashing away cash so you can have the perfect prom dress this year without skimping!
- Start by making a budget of everything you’ll need to have your dress dreams come true – this means taking into consideration alterations to the gown, accessories, and anything else you’ll need.
- Next, compare how much you make weekly or biweekly to the amount you’re going to need for your gown.
- Example – If you make $300 every two weeks, how much of that can go to a dress without you cutting yourself short for other expenses?
- Planning out how much money you’ll need for all the necessary things – such as gas for your car, lunch money for school, etc. If you have monthly bills that you pay, you’ll want to divide the total amount into how much you’ll be paying per pay period. This will help you really see all of your expenses weekly and monthly.
- Set aside a jar in your room and throw all your loose change in it. Put it somewhere that’s easily accessible so throwing change into it when you’re passing by is simple.
- The money you are specifically putting away for your prom gown should go into a safe place. This could be a safety lock box or a specific savings account.
- Make a chart of your goal so you can visibly see how far away from your goal you are. This can help you see how much progress you’ve made and how much more you have to go. Plus, it’s a great self-esteem booster to see all the goals you’re reaching!
Have other tips on how we can save for our dream prom dress? Leave it with us in a comment below!